Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu REVIEW


There is no way I can NOT talk about this. Let's start with some questions. (Spoiler alert!)

  1. Is the anime good?
  2. Was it cringe-ful?
  3. Is the plot any good?
To all of these questions: Yes



Here's a quick summary of all 25 episodes of Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu.
Once upon a time a man by the name of Subaru came out of the convenience store late at night. After taking a few steps he found himself in a medieval market under the sunlight. He panics and tries to find a way home, but encounters some thugs. He is then saved by a really, really pretty girl that instantly captured his heart. He then decides to help the girl find something that she had lost. He dies in the process. Oh no! BUT WAIT!
Subaru then finds himself in the market and he finds himself going through events he has gone through previously. He realizes that he is capable of resetting his life, similar to a game save. Using this skill, he uses trail-and-error to get the ending he wants. His wish is to protect and support the girl that saved him before: 

Emilia. 

Now here the meat I wanted to get to: Talking about Re: Zero

Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu is a cringe-fest. There is SO much cringe. Every time that bastard Subaru gets desperate, he makes this twisted face that makes me cringe so hard. It is hard to find an anime that has so much cringe. (I'm looking you Watamote.) This just shows how great this series is. It is constantly bringing out the cringe reaction within you, while keeping you interested with its top-notched cliffhangers.
This show is twisted. The author is very sadistic and wants to torture poor Subaru to the ends of the earth. The author constantly kills Subaru in many various ways. They include being sliced, stabbed, cursed, maced, suicide, and frozen.

It's not easy getting the perfect ending you know.

Because Subaru has the power of resetting, this allows the author to make multiple situations with the same scene. I know it sounds obvious, but this is a critical feature of the series that allows the reuse of same scene if the author has many ideas and possible conclusions for that one scene. The setting of Re: Zero is entertaining. 

It is also very efficient.

Accompanying the gruesome story is its art. It's art is fine. It is enjoyable and to be honest, quite standard. But Re: Zero truly shines in Subaru's gruesome, twisted, and a bit psychopathic expressions. His expressions truly shows how desperate he is and how far he is willing go to get his way. That alone makes Re: Zero an amazing anime. But what's a good anime without cute waifus? All of the main female characters are cute. SUPER cute. 

If you haven't watched Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, I seriously recommend it. It is a simple, yet interesting anime.

Thanks for reading!
-MT


Here's a section of my personal experiences with Re: Zero. (Spoiler alert!)

I wasn't too interested in it before, but after watching it I was hooked to the cringe. As I said before, I cringed in every episode. Subaru's face gets me every time. Emilia was my favorite until she had that fight with Subaru. I feel like she doesn't understand Subaru's pain, and I don't blame her. But Rem on the other hand, seems to kind of sense that Subaru is in some sort of extreme situation that no one, including her, can possible understand. That alone makes me root for her. 

The confession scene just enforces that. I'm sorry Emilia fans. I betrayed you. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment